Review #1: Space Funeral

 Greetings! I’m back, and I’m doing my first review, this time of Space Funeral for the PC!


OVERVIEW


Space Funeral is an RPG made in RPGMaker 2003 created by Thecatamites and released in 2010.



PLOT


Space Funeral follows a boy named Phillip as he explores the land of Space Funeral, along with his companion Leg Horse. They attempt to stop the evil Moon, and stop the evil corruption of the world.


The plot is very simple, but effective. There are some plot threads such as the Errors that were left ambiguous, but I think it works in the game’s favor.



GAMEPLAY


Space Funeral is an RPG. Not much to say, otherwise. There’s a mystery skill I didn’t use much which yields random results, either good or bad. Sadly, not much you can do with RPGMaker.



DIALOGUE


Space Funeral has incredibly funny dialogue, though Phillip is completely silent. Some of the best exchanges come from just talking to the townspeople. A few gems from across the game include:


“Welcome to Malice! We have many goods and criminals!” - Townsperson

“Heh. Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven... motherfricker!” - Moon

“I like to drink blood... and smoke the weed!” - Dracula



OVERALL SCORE


Space Funeral is an amazingly fun, yet amazingly short game. I highly recommend it.


8/10.

Comments

Popular Posts