Review #7: Geometry Dash

 Ah, Geometry Dash. I used to be absolutely OBSESSED with this game as a child (a younger one, at least, at this time of this writing I am 12). I really don’t know why, though.


Geometry Dash is a simple mobile game where you play as shapes and jump over other shapes. THAT’S IT! There’s like 13 or so official levels, and they are all well-designed, so there’s that. The main attraction of the game (to me at least), though, is the near-endless supply of user-made levels. Like, it’s absolutely ridiculous how many there are.


Just playing all those should last you quite a while, but there’s also lots of other content such as “gauntlets” as they’re called, which are just a series of 5 user-made levels each. They’re very difficult. Speaking of difficulty…


This game is very hard. Like, VERY hard. This game legitimately makes crap like Cuphead and The Binding of Isaac look pathetic in comparison. I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve never once cleared a hard-rated level. Ever.


Now it seems like I’m just praising the game, but I do think it has flaws. Namely, and this is the main reason I wouldn’t recommend it, it’s boring as frick. Like, it gets SUPER old super quick. Although, as just a thing to pop out and play when you’re waiting in a line or something, this might be better.


So overall, would I recommend Geometry Dash? Eh. Maybe. It’s not for everyone. At all. But I think overall, it’s a relatively good game. If you’re a big mobile gamer, I’d say you’d probably enjoy it.

Comments

Popular Posts